So
many times lately I have thought or said, “THIS is what my next blog entry is
going to be about!” Now I feel so
bottlenecked I don’t know which/what to write about so many feelings are
working their way out while my head is filled with to-do lists and “don’t
forget” lists. I thought I would just
start writing and see what comes out.
I
can’t believe it’s been 2 weeks since I have stopped reporting to work and we
are still here. I had planned or at
least hoped we would have left this past week but life is life. We still are finishing things inside the RV
and the loss of Evander has taken a bit of wind from our sails. Getting things loaded up and put into storage
are our main projects now and with items in 2 houses and 2 garages, it’s been
difficult. Herding up 3 dogs and 2
cats while doing so, just makes it more interesting. Right now one of the cats has hidden in the
ductwork of the house and will NOT come out.
We have also had to work on the smaller car that we will be storing
soon. We did take the RV out and dumped
it, flushed the water system and refilled our water supply.
The
other night I was spending the night at the little house with the cats while
Adam and the RV and dogs were at the big house.
I got up after only sleeping a few hours and my head was pounding. I loaded up the car with the household items
that needed to be packed and headed back to the big house. The vet had called to let us know that Evander’s
ashes were back. Then I was then
informed that for the next few days we were in for nasty cold, wet and worse
windy weather. I lost it. The tears that didn’t come when my nieces and
nephew moved away a couple months ago along with the tears that didn’t come
when I worked my last day at the office and everything I had held in when I had
to say goodbye to Evander were all coming flooding out at once. Peppered in the tears was hysterical laughing
at my husband’s frustrations with how he had been posting on his vlog for WEEKS
how we were about to be leaving soon and here we were, still in the
driveway.
I
left to drive and do some errands and turned on the Christian radio
station. Casting Crown’s “Be Held” came
on. I am normally a fan of Southern
Gospel (think Lauren Talley, TaRanda Greene, etc.) but have found that since
the local Christian radio station went more modern, that often the songs I like
are from Casting Crowns and this song is one of their best in my opinion. I have posted the lyrics below along with a
link to their video. It was a matter of
hearing the exact right message at the exact right time and I completely lost
it and started bawling.
I
started talking to Adam about all of this and he also stated his frustration in
how he is feeling so much pressure to get going and how he feels rushed and
there is still so much to do. We decided
then to let go and let God and keep on plugging. There is some reason while we are still in
town and God’s plan is much better than ours so we will just stop holding on
and just Be Held.
Just Be Held
By
Casting Crowns
Hold it all
together
Everybody needs you strong
But life hits you out of nowhere
And barely leaves you holding on
Everybody needs you strong
But life hits you out of nowhere
And barely leaves you holding on
And when you're
tired of fighting
Chained by your control
There's freedom in surrender
Lay it down and let it go
Chained by your control
There's freedom in surrender
Lay it down and let it go
So when you're on
your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held, just be held
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held, just be held
If your eyes are
on the storm
You'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You'll know I always have and I always will
You'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You'll know I always have and I always will
And not a tear is
wasted
In time, you'll understand
I'm painting beauty with the ashes
Your life is in My hands
In time, you'll understand
I'm painting beauty with the ashes
Your life is in My hands
So when you're on
your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held, just be held
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held, just be held
Lift your hands,
lift your eyes
In the storm is where you'll find Me
And where you are, I'll hold your heart
I'll hold your heart
Come to Me, find your rest
In the arms of the God who won't let go
In the storm is where you'll find Me
And where you are, I'll hold your heart
I'll hold your heart
Come to Me, find your rest
In the arms of the God who won't let go
So when you're on
your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
(Stop holding on and just be held)
Just be held, just be held
Just be held, just be held
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
(Stop holding on and just be held)
Just be held, just be held
Just be held, just be held
Songwriters:
HALL, JOHN MARK / WEST, MATTHEW / HERMS, BERNIE
© Sony/ATV
Music Publishing LLC, Universal Music Publishing Group
For
non-commercial use only.
No comments:
Post a Comment