So I don’t know
about you but I am much better in a large crisis than a small one. In the song (lyrics below) the author talks
about how it’s the little stuff that makes her crazy. I often find myself willing to reach out to
God when I am in “big trouble” but hardly bother to when I have the everyday
annoying things. And honestly it’s THOSE
little things that DO make me crazy and make me stumble much worse than the big
things. For instance:
I remember when I
was about 19 and I was on a double date with my then boyfriend and a friend of
his and a friend of mine. We were headed
home from a dance club and apparently my boyfriend ran a stop sign and we were
T boned. I was not injured and all four
of us left the car shaken. Somehow his
friend’s head hit a pin sized sharp point in the roof of the car leaving a
large amount blood pouring out of his finely coiffed mullet (well then referred
to as a bi-level). The blood was running
down his face and because it was dark he had so much hair it was hard to tell
the extent of his injury. He was
freaking out running back and forth across the road between the 2 sets of
headlights waving his arms. I wish I
could said it was instinct but honestly I think I remembered recently watching
some show about how to handle a horse that was out of control, but however, I
went up behind him and covered his eyes and started whispering in his ear. It worked.
He calmed down and leaned into me.
I stood there holding onto him and whispering until the paramedics
arrived and I handed him over. They
promptly took a look at his teeny cut and slapped a kotex pad on his head the
soak up the blood. I then very
dramatically and with great grace passed out across the hood of the car. I
remember this vividly because he kept insisting it was a tampon they put on his
head. Apparently he had never been sent to
the store for supplies, by a girlfriend, sister, mom or wife at that time and didn’t
know the difference.
Anyhoo, I have been
trying to make a concerted effort to include God in all things. I remember years ago talking to someone at
work about how I was talking to God about eating an ice cream cone and he said “God
doesn’t give a hoot about whether you eat an ice cream cone.” First of all, I don’t agree and second of
all, what can it hurt? I would rather eat an ice cream cone WITH God than
without, but I digress.
So today I had a
bunch of errands to run. I needed to find someplace to mail a letter, I needed
groceries, a bank and some non-food items from a store. I knew there were plenty of businesses around
but had no idea which ones and where they were located. I said a little prayer and started making a plan.
I decided to find a
Dollar Tree to begin my search as I needed doggy poop bags and ours carries
those. I used the GPS and ended up at
the Dollar Tree and apparently Georgia doesn’t have as much use for poopy bags
because you wouldn’t believe how many places I have been looking for them. Anyways, I got a few items and was trying to
decide where to GPS next. There was a
Target store next door and I decided to go there. I parked and realized I hadn’t been to the bank yet nor had I mailed my letter so
I thought I might as well leave. I then
was told. No, go to Target. I am like but what the heck can Target have
from my list except maybe the poopy bags?
I was like, ok whatever, Target it is.
So I start walking towards the doors and exactly as I get to the doors,
the mail truck drives up!
Seriously! I am like
haha..ok. I handed the postman my mail
to send and went inside. Now my plan was
to look in that cool little cheapy area just inside the door and get my poopy
bags and go. I started to look for the
cheapy area and BOOM! An ATM! I was like WHOA, cool beans, now I have my
banking and mail stuff done…Poopy bags and find a grocery store.
After about three
bewildered laps around the cheapy stuff, NO POOPY BAGS! Are you kidding? So I head back to the pet section where I
find 8 ROLLS OF POOPY BAGS ON SALE! Yes and
they were multi-colored! I kinda
chuckled and was waved a finger up at God and said…”Oh YOUUUUU”. Then I started to look for a few other non-food
items. I turned a corner and BAM! GROCERIES!
Are you kidding me???? As it was,
I ended up getting everything I needed in those two stops! Why am I not praying and asking God’s help in
EVERY aspect of my life? Why do I let
myself struggle through all those little things when let’s face it, those are
the things that make us crazy?????
Lyrics
to This Is The StuffI
I
lost my keys in the great unknown
And call me please 'cause I can't find my phone
And call me please 'cause I can't find my phone
This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I would choose
But this the stuff You use
45 in a 35 sirens and fines
While I'm running behind
Whoa ho ho
This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess,
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I would choose
But this the stuff You use
So break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world
Whoa ho ho ho
Oooooh This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff
Someone save me
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I would choose
But this the stuff You use
Whoa whoa ho ho
This is the stuff You use.
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I would choose
But this the stuff You use
45 in a 35 sirens and fines
While I'm running behind
Whoa ho ho
This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess,
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I would choose
But this the stuff You use
So break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world
Whoa ho ho ho
Oooooh This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff
Someone save me
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I would choose
But this the stuff You use
Whoa whoa ho ho
This is the stuff You use.
Songwriters: WOOD, TONY /
ESKELIN, IAN / BATESTELLI, FRANCESCA
Publisher: Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., Universal Music Publishing Group
Powered by LyricFind
Publisher: Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., Universal Music Publishing Group
Powered by LyricFind

No comments:
Post a Comment