Monday, October 12, 2015

Big Girls Don't Cry.....YES THEY DO!

I recently saw a post on my FB wall from a young adult female who is struggling a bit in life for the moment.  She is the daughter of someone I went to school with and usually a very strong woman.  She has very valid reasons right now to be especially emotional, however I was still surprised to see her publically reach out for help.  It got me thinking about females in general.  How strong we are. 
 
There are a million movie lines (think Steel Magnolias) and song lyrics (“I am woman hear me roar”), etc. I could refer to but the strength that women have to show in their lives is so amazing.  We often joke that we keep men around to reach the high places and lift the heavy things.  We often talk about how much STRONGER men are then women and for some that is true.  Physically; and sometimes not even physically. 
 
Because of our designed function in life, women are made of so many hormones and chemicals and in our nurturing nature, we give ALL of our love to those in need.  We often put ourselves last and give every last drop of ourselves into the people and projects in our life.   I learned the dangers of this the hard way after giving every bit of myself into something that was failing.  In my stubborn, determined way, I was going to make it work even if it killed me.  Honestly, it almost did.  Thank GOD I found a friend (female of course) who was able to put a mirror in front of my face and see what I was doing to myself.  Not that I became self-preserving by any means.  Not directly.   I just saw a similar circumstance in her and started putting my energy into saving HER and by saving HER I was saving myself because I then helped fill her cup up enough to throw it back on me and finally someone was giving me something instead of all my energy going towards something that didn’t give back. 

Good friendships, good relationships in general work that way.  You be strong when I cannot and I will when you cannot.  However, once 2 people both fall at the same time and when no one has enough strength to lift either of them up, it becomes a spiral.  Unless outside help is rendered it becomes doomed.  Normally my faith has been an ongoing source of strength and my friends the means of delivering the energy and help.  However, if you are removed from all of your support system and repeatedly told your faith is for naught, it leaves you empty handed which is how I ended up where I was years ago.   Again, I believe God sent this new friend to bring me back from the brink of hopelessness.  We brought each other back I believe and still are close to this day. 

I guess I am now headed to the point of this post and how it relates to going “tiny”.  When we pull out in our RV in a few weeks, I leave physically, this special friend behind.  Physically, I leave my friends, family, job, most of my belongings and everything familiar.  Don’t get me wrong, I am not regretting this decision and I am very much looking forward to our new adventures.  I have faith we will find work and somewhere to live even if we end up staying in our RV.  The lack of space and belongings does not scare me.  I have voiced to
my husband that I don’t fear the unknown future part which seems to be everyone ELSE’s fear for me (“but where will you work?”, “where will you live”, “what will you do?” etc.)  The biggest fear I have is what if we don’t get along?  What if there is some crazy falling out of my marriage and then what?  There is no backup plan, no support system nearby, no safety net.  This is a true leap of faith.  Our marriage is strong.  He is truly my best friend and the nicest most wonderful person I have ever met.  But what if????       

No comments:

Post a Comment