Monday, October 26, 2015

Too tired to think of a title....maybe later...

Wow, so here I am the last Monday of reporting to work.  Actually I am NOT working today as we are going to try to rubber the RV roof today.  No wait, we ARE rubbering the RV roof today.  We are both so exhausted and chasing good weather.  Thankfully the rain held off Saturday until we got a few solid hours in.  Sunday (yesterday) was GORGEOUS but we were just "off".  Normally we work pretty well together but yesterday we were dropping things and knocking things over.  It's been some time since we have had a day off if you will and honestly I think stress uses way more energy than work.  Still struggle daily to remember God is in control and believe me as I looked up at the sky on Saturday I had to vocally remind myself multiple times. 

So, 4 more days of reporting to work and then I will also be focusing all daytime hours on getting us out of here and heading south.  It just seems so surreal.  This is the longest project I think I have ever taken on and it's been a work in progress since at least May of this year (very actively) but the dream for me started in March. 

I look forward to the next few trips to donate and the big final purge that WILL have to happen and then taking the few remaining items to storage and the load up.  I just cannot WAIT to hit the road :)

We have dinner planned a couple nights this week with friends and family.  I have started Skyping with the nieces and nephew and it's much more satisfying than I worried it might be.  We still act silly and giggle and physical do funny things.  I will be relying heavily on technology to keep me close to my loved ones on this journey and also to maintain my income as I will be working remotely at least some and at least for a awhile which is a blessing. 

Evander, our older boxer is not doing well.  I am unsure whether he will get to make this journey with us.  :(  We are giving him a lot of hugs and treats and trying to make him as
comfortable as possible right now.  Doggy hospice if you will.  I will miss him so much.  We got him when he was 9 weeks old and he is the reason I love boxers now.  He is so full of personality and it breaks my heart to know he won't be with us later but I will never let any of my babies suffer. 

Ok well just a check in and hopefully soon, a solid leave by date :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment