Wednesday, October 21, 2015

He's an On Time God, YES He IS!!


The bible says that there is a time for everything and a season.


[ A Time for Everything ] There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, ...

I have to admit that I have forgotten this recently and tried to take things into my own hands.  And by hands I mean the hour and minute hands of the clock.  We started this leg of our race towards tiny a couple months ago.  We decided we were going to take the RV and head south and find our land and/or stay tiny and mobile.  We originally set a date of December 1 to leave but changed that after realizing that if we winterized the RV then it would be much harder to use.  Also RVs are not put together with wood and nails like a home.  They are primarily constructed with fiberglass, foam board, luaun sheets and 1 by boards.  Therefore, they are glued together and not nailed.   Therefore, you need warm, dry weather for the glue to dry.  Also, because we are replacing our roof and front, we have to keep everything tarped in case of rain or other inclement weather. 
Now, if you are familiar with the weather in Ohio in October, it is very wet and the temperatures vary greatly.  This being said, the glue we use to attach wood to fiberglass also is not the glue that you can use to attach foam board to wood or fiberglass.  The former glue must be ordered online and is very expensive.  Ok so you are getting the idea?
So every day throughout this month, as I am still working, Adam is calling me and giving me progress reports.  The RV is not kept at our home so I cannot just go home and see what he has completed.   This usually means a weather report (it’s windy, it looks like rain), etc.  Then we ran out of glue.  The expensive, can’t buy locally glue.  No biggie.  The first batch came in a few days so he ordered a supply.   We had other items that needed to be done with the other glue so we worked feverishly this past weekend together to do as much as we could.   Then we got to the part where we needed the new glue and it hadn’t come yet.  Adam started tracking it and found it was transferred from UPS or Fedex to the USPS and it was due for delivery.  Nope, no glue.  He tracked it again and said it would be there the next day.  Nope, no glue.  He calls and finds out that it was delivered to the wrong branch of the USPS.  The weather also called for rain 2 days this week and one week he had another obligation that would take him away from the RV work. 

Keep in mind that the sun has been rising later and setting earlier and I swear you could almost hear the clock ticking to the October 30th mark.  As of this morning, October 21, 2015 still no glue.  I was so wound up this morning.  My chest was tight and I was fretting and so stressed I could hardly breathe.  While walking from the parking garage to my office, one of my coworkers was walking with me and she was asking about my prep and upcoming departure from the company.  I was whining about the glue and weather, wah wah waaah and she said, “There is a reason for everything.  God must have a reason for the delay.”  It was like a much needed slap.  “GOD!  GOD!  I don’t have to figure it out!  GOD has control!”  Why do I always forget this?  How is it, I can preach these very same words to others but forget it when it comes to my own issues?  Why do I always think I HAVE to somehow have control over everything including the USPS and the weather?  I have a God that cares for the sparrows.  He promises he will take care of me and never forsake me.  Sit down self and BE STILL for HE IS GOD! 
WOW isn’t it amazing when God sends the right people into your life at the right time with the right words?

Thank you GOD and p.s. if you could also do something about the amount of work in my in box……. J

No comments:

Post a Comment